What to Bring
- Refillable water bottle: We will offer a water filling areas. The hotel water in Ponca City is highly chlorinated, and rather than buy bottled water, please refill your mugs at the event.
- Your own utensils, napkin and plate: There will be a washing station provided during meals. If you forget to bring your own, there will be limited biodegradable plates, etc. available.
May is mild, between 57-79 degrees, with 7 inches of rain. Bring a raincoat, especially as we will hold a direct action outside event on Saturday.
The following meals will be provided and are included in your registration:
- Thursday- evening reception (heavy appetizers)
- Friday- breakfast and lunch
- Saturday- breakfast, lunch and dinner
Getting to Ponca
If you are flying in, note there is no airport in Ponca City. Local airports include Tulsa, Oklahoma City (OK) and Wichita (KS) all of which are approximately 1 hour to 1.5 hours drive from Ponca City.
It is very important to coordinate your flights with us if you will need transportation from the airport to Ponca City! The FOG Conference will be running van shuttles (only from Tulsa, OK airport) for flights arriving before 2 PM on Thursday (5/16). We will also be providing transportation back to Tulsa airport on Sunday (5/19) with one round of shuttles leaving the hotels at 9am arriving at Tulsa airport at 11am and another round of shuttles will be leaving at 3pm. Please book your travel accordingly.
Please be in touch with Robby Diesu [email protected] with your travel arrangements to sign up for your shuttle no later than May 1.
If you are receiving scholarship assistance, please ensure your flights are scheduled to arrive before 2 pm in Tulsa.
If you are driving, consider carpooling. We will be offering travel scholarships for participants who can carpool. Contact [email protected] if you are interested in carpooling.
All activities will be held in the Gravity Rooms and Summit rooms located at the City Central Building, Summit Conference Center, 400 East Central, Ponca City
We will run free shuttles between the hotels and event venue twice a day. LYFT and UBER are also available in Ponca City.
We have reserved rooms at two motels in Ponca City, with special rates of $79/night including breakfast at the Fairfield Inn and La Quinta, Ponca City. We will be providing the hotel with your information, you do not need to contact the hotel about your reservation. Please bring legal I.D. and a valid credit card for incidentals to check-in. Your hotel information and room assignment will be emailed to you on May 2.
You can request a roommate on the registration form. If you would like to add a request after you have registered or if you have any questions about the hotel please contact Robby at [email protected].
The hotels are next to each other. We will run free shuttles to/from the event twice a day. LYFT and UBER are also available in Ponca City.
|Fairfield Inn||La Quinta Inn|
|3405 N 14th St, Ponca City, OK 74601||3413 N 14th St, Ponca City, OK 74601|
Childcare will be available. You must request childcare one week before the event by email to [email protected].
We are working on ensuring that this conference is open to all folks in the many forms that we live in this current world. In that spirit we are working on providing the following:
- Ensuring there is space on the registration form to make an requests
- Gender neutral restrooms
- Childcare will be available. This must be requested one week before the event by email [email protected] to ensure we have enough folks for the amount of children who will come.
- Ensuring all spaces, restrooms, and vehicles rented are ADA compliant.
- Spanish translation for those who request it (this must be requested one week before the event by email [email protected])
- ASL interpretation for those who request it (this must be requested one week before the event by email [email protected])
If there are other needs please reach out to [email protected] and we will work to make accommodations.